Red Thai Curry with Prawn and Mango

Each time I shop now, I'll get my recipe books, or Olive Magazines and flick through and see what I fancy cooking. I think about what ingredients I already have and want to use up. Today I had some frozen mango cubes which reminded me of this very simple curry. I also had the Red Thai Curry paste left over from the Pork burgers. I used cooked King prawns which I defrosted this morning, but I will write the recipe which uses frozen raw king prawns. This is another recipe from "Nigella Express", changed very slightly. I'd forgotten how lovely it is, sweet, spicy and fresh. 

Ingredients
Serves 2 -4 , (I thought there was plenty for four, especially adding a bit of extra vege)

15ml wok oil (groundnut or vegetable will be fine)
1 spring onion, finely chopped ( I used a couple)
2 tablespoons of red thai curry paste, you don't have to be specific, add more if you want extra spice
200ml of coconut milk
250ml of chicken stock
2 teaspoons of fish sauce (nam pla)
1 x 350g packet of butternut squash and sweet potato cubes (I used a 500g packet, I chopped them up a bit smaller)
1 x 200g packet of frozen raw king prawns
juice of a half a lime
150g mango cubes, diced (I used a full frozen punnet about 350g, defrosted first)
coriander to serve

Method
Heat the wok oil in a large heavy based frying pan and fry the spring onion for a minute, then add the curry paste.
Whisk in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
Tip in the butternut squash and sweet potato cubes and cook partially covered for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain the prawns under running water to remove excess ice, and add them to the pan, letting the the sauce come back to the boil. When it does add the lime juice and diced mango and cook for another minute or so until the prawns are cooked through.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with plain rice of noodles

Comments

Popular Posts