Pasta with broccoli, anchovy, parmesan and creme fraiche

I do meal plan, and when I do a shop now I have usually decided what I am cooking for the next few days. It makes shopping much easier and food waste is much less. I hadn't planned to do this meal, but felt like we had quite alot of meat in the last few days. A nice fresh tasting pasta meal seemed to be a good option. I had the broccoli in the fridge and I usually have anchovies in my store cupboard. This is from a book called "no-fuss suppers", which was exactly what I needed after a shopping trip with Rachel which was anything but fuss free.

Ingredients
Serves 4
400g pasta ( I used Penne)
1 head of broccoli about 350g
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp of chilli flakes
1 tin of anchovy fillets
200g of creme fraiche
salt and pepper
freshly grated parmesan to serve

Method.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according the packet instructions. Add the broccoli to the pasta 3-4 min before the end of the cooking. Drain the pasta and the broccoli and reserve a little of the cooking water.
Wipe out the pan and add the olive oil. Cook the garlic, chilli flakes and anchovies over a low heat for about 2 min. Add the creme fraiche, season with a little pepper. Return the cooked broccoli and pasta to the pan adding a little of the reserved water if needed. Season to taste with black pepper.
Serve immediately with the parmesan cheese

Comments

Popular Posts