Day four of frugal challenge


There are people in this house complaining about the food. When I said we were having  jacket potatoes and baked beans for tea there was almost a revolt going on. The kids insisted on having beans on toast, they both declared a dislike of jacket potatoes. Thankfully I had a loaf in the freezer as I forgot to order a fresh one this week. I scraped out the inside of the potato from the two now spare in the oven and gave the crispy skins to Steve to eat. Being too eager to eat, I forgot to photograph the meal, so I could only photgraph what was left.  I'll find a use for the mashed potato tomorrow night. I enjoy jacket potatoes, as I don't have them very often. I always oil and salt the skins, which I think are the best part. I didn't scrimp on the baked beans and bought Heinz and sprinkled grated cheddar on top. If I'd known the weather was going to be as good this week I would have planned meals that were perhaps more summery. Somehow I don"t think I can face lentil and tomato soup this week which was on the menu. I'll need to have a rethink.

Comments

Popular Posts