Creamy chicken, bacon, and basil pasta





I found this recipe on the BBC Goodfood Website tonight. It makes a quick midweek supper. I added a squeeze of lemon juice and half fat creme fraiche instead of double cream. Since my children have realised that we now have a McDonalds not too far away they are demanding a McDonalds meal on a regular basis. I could give in for an easy life but I'm not about to. I don't mind getting them now and again, once in a while feels like a treat for them. I fear that Rachel will live off them when she is responsible for feeding herself. After all the moaning tonight they did seem to enjoy this meal and cleared their plates.

Ingredients
Serves 4
3 tbsp olive oil
3 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips (I used 2 chicken breasts)
5 rashers bacon, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300ml double cream (I used half fat creme fraiche)
450g farfalle
handful fresh basil, torn, plus extra for garnish
200g cheddar or parmesan, grated, plus extra to garnish

Method
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of salted boiling water, then drain.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chicken strips and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is golden-brown and cooked through.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the cream and warm through.
Add the creamy sauce to the cooked, drained pasta and stir well.
To serve, stir in the basil and cheddar spoon onto serving plates. Garnish with extra grated cheese and basil leaves.



Comments

Popular Posts