Easy Thai Green Chicken Curry


This is a bit of a cheats Thai Curry, as it comes in the form of a curry kit. It's very handy to have in for emergencies. I picked up some chicken breasts, fresh coriander and some mange tout today when I remembered I had this kit in the cupboard. It's called 'Easy Thai Green Curry kit', made by Thai Taste. I bought it from Tesco and I would think it will be available in most supermarkets. It comes with green curry paste, coconut milk and Thai herbs and all you have to do is add some chicken. I added the juice of half a lemon, and some fish sauce, just because I had them in. I also added some fresh coriander and mange tout to the curry just before the end of the cooking time. It's really tasty, with out the hassle of having to buy all the individual ingredients.

Ingredients
Serves 2 - 3
300g diced chicken breast 
vegetable oil
Thai curry kit

Method
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep frying pan and add 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
Add Thai Taste green curry paste and mix until the aromas are released (3 mins)
Add the diced chicken, stirring to coat the meat with the paste (about 3 mins)
Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and simmer until the meat is cooked (about 5 mins) . The sauce should not be too thick.
Add the sachet of herbs and continue to simmer for a further 3 mins.

You can add chopped coriander and sliced green chillis to finish off the dish.

Comments

Popular Posts