Tuna Fishcakes

A really good way to use up any leftover mashed potato. I made extra mash last night with the view to making these today. They are lovely and moist, unlike some fishcakes which are lacking in fish and very dry. I vary what I put into them, depending on the ingredients I have. A red chilli could be added for a little spice, lemon juice could be used instead of the lime juice. Chopped fresh coriander would also be a good addition. They make a really tasty and easy meal, and selfishly as I am going out for a meal tonight, I didn't want to do much cooking. I have written the ingredients I used today, but this is just a guide, feel free to experiment. 


Ingredients
Serves 2
300g mashed potato
juice of half a lime
1 tin of tuna, drained
3 spring onions
a tablespoon of sweet chilli dipping sauce
salt and pepper
olive oil
1 egg beaten
breadcrumbs for coating (I used Paxo)


Method
Mix together the mashed potato, lime, spring onions, tuna and sweet chilli dipping sauce. Season, then form the mixture into 4 large fishcakes. Dip each one into the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs. Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the fishcakes on both sides until golden and until heated through. Just be careful when turning them as they are a little fragile when cooking, although coating in the breadcrumbs does hold them together. Serve with some green salad, I used spinach today. Use noodles if you want a more substantial meal. Accompany with sweet chilli dipping sauce. 







Comments

Popular Posts