Sizzling Korean-Style beef

This is a recipe from Olive Magazine in March 2010, I couldn't believe that when I looked at the date on the magazine. It seems like yesterday I first tried this recipe. The only part of the recipe that takes time is cutting the beef really thinly. Also try to stir fry without adding too much of the marinade, as the meat will fry much quicker and not poach, as mine did tonight. It was still really good, although I still have problems cooking rice. Maybe time to invest in a rice cooker, just not sure whether I can find room for it on my work surface.

Ingredients
Serves 2
300g rump steak, trimmed of all fat
2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 garlic cloves chopped
sesame oil
vegetable oil
4 spring onions sliced lengthways
1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
100g basmati rice to serve

Method
Slice the meat as thinly as possible. Mix the sugar, soy, mirin, garlic and 1 tsp of sesame oil, add the beef and stir well. Crack over a good grind of black pepper
Heat a wok until very hot with 2 tsp of vegetable oil. Sear the meat for a few minutes and then add the spring onion. Stir fry for another minute then add the sesame seeds. Serve with the steamed basmati rice.


Comments

  1. I have tried this korean beef recipe and i found this beef recipe really amazing. I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts