Pasta with spicy sausage and rosemary sauce




I cooked this meal for the children earlier on last night as we were having a meal with friends later. For the friends I cooked Beef stew with green peppercorns and cheddar dumplings and pear and ginger upside down cake (both October entries). A really easy dinner party meal as everything could be prepared in advance and all I had to do was the mash and put the dumplings in to cook 20 minutes before eating. 
This meal was another from Good Food website that I happened to have nearly the right ingredients in for. I substituted single cream instead of double and used pasta penne as it was all I had in. It was incredibly tasty, I was tempted to have a portion for myself, but I didn't want to ruin my appetite for the meal to come.

The new link (you might also like:) at the bottom of each post appears to be becoming a bit random. It's supposed to link relevant recipes to the one I have just posted. Not sure where the relevance of some of them is coming from. Never mind it serves as a little reminder of the past recipes I have done. I hope it's useful. 

Ingredients
Serve 2
200g rigatoni 
75g chorizo, chopped into small chunks
olive oil
a pinch chilli flakes
2 sprigs rosemary needles, chopped
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp double cream (optional)


Cook the pasta following packet instructions. Fry the chorizo in a little olive oil for 3 minutes. Add the chilli flakes and rosemary and cook for 1 minute then tip in the tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes then add the cream (if using) and stir well.
Toss with the pasta and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts