Pasta with savoy cabbage, bacon, thyme and mozzarella


James told me at the last minute he needed ingredients for his cookery lesson, so another trip to Aldi was needed. I picked up some pitta breads to make the kids pitta bread pizza for tea on Friday. 
http://goodfoodandredshoes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pitta-bread-pizza.html
The adults had the left over cheese and potato pie which heated up beautifully (Aldi meal No. 4). I enjoyed it more that night. It can definitely be described as frugal food. Even with the extra trip my shopping bill has been way less this week and I still have some of the ingredients in the fridge to make another meal on Monday. I have had to resort to a tesco shop today as I have family coming for tea and could not have stretched to a meal for nine people. Last night for Aldi meal No.5, I made this very delicious Jamie Oliver, meal first posted in March 14th. http://goodfoodandredshoes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/pasta-with-savoy-cabbage-bacon-thyme.html

Comments

Popular Posts