The Ivy's Salmon Fishcakes

I might have enjoyed these fishcakes last night, had I not been in the middle of a sibling crisis as I was cooking them. By the time I sat down to eat them I had no appetite what so ever. Thankfully I saved some for lunch today and realised how very tasty indeed they were.

Ingredients
Serves 4
800g potatoes
650 g salmon fillets, boneless, skin on
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp anchovy sauce, ( I couldn't get this, so I substituted it with an anchovy relish)
3 tsp English Mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
Plain flour, to dust

Method
Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite sized chunks. Cook them for 10 mins until the potatoes are cooked through. Drain and leave to steam dry for 10 mins.
Put the salmon in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring up to a gentle simmer and cook for 7 min, or until the fish flakes easily when pressed with a knife. Lift the fish out of the water and set aside to cool. Peel off and discard the skin. Flake the fish.
Mash the potatoes, add half the flaked salmon, the ketchup, anchovy sauce, mustard and some seasoning and mash until smooth. Fold in the remaining salmon keeping the flakes as large as possible.
Divide the mix into eight and form each portion into a round patty. Arrange on a board, cover with clingfilm and chill for 20 mins.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Lightly dust the fishcakes on both sides with flour and lightly brown on both sides in the pan. Arrange the browned fishcakes on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until piping hot.

Comments

Popular Posts