Balsamic roasted sausages with red veg

I'll make this dish again when I've got more time. I was in such a rush tonight and ate it too quickly without really savouring the flavours. The sausages could have done with a little more cooking too. I accompanied the dish with chickpeas which I heated up and added some rocket, seasoning, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to. We mopped up the lovely sweet and tangy juices with some crusty bread. I could eat it again now infact. A very easy midweek meal. I found the recipe on the GoodFood site by entering a variety of ingredients that I had in the fridge.

Ingredients
Serves 4
3 red onions, cut into wedges
3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into quarters
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
8 sausages (I used 12 chipolatas)
250g cherry tomatoes
few sprigs of thyme (optional)
1 tbsp clear honey

Method
Heat oven to 200C. Put the onions and peppers in a roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and vinegar and season well. Roast for 10 mins. (Oh, I didn't read that bit)
Nestle the sausages, tomatoes and thyme, if using, in and around the veg, drizzle over the honey and cook for 25 mins more or so, turning the sausages halfway, until the sausages are cooked and everything is golden and sticky. Serve with mustard mash or crusty bread.


Comments

Popular Posts