Chorizo hash with poached eggs

I didn't have much in the fridge tonight, but luckily I did have the ingredients to make this rather tasty supper. The chorizo was left over from a previous meal, it's always a good standby ingredient as it does last for a while. Actually I wish somebody had made me this brunch this morning, it would have been a good hangover cure. I used dried chilli flakes instead of a fresh chilli, and served the meal on top of rocket as I didn't have any parsley.  I love frying chorizo, it coats whatever you are frying with it with the flavorsome oil. This was a meal I found tonight on BBC Goodfood. Maybe a recipe for Elaine to try in Spain if she's managing to follow my blog whilst holidaying out there.


Ingredients 
Serves 2

300g new potatoes, quartered
Olive oil
40g chorizo, cut into strips
1 red chilli, finely chopped
½ a small bunch parsley, chopped
2 eggs, 


Method
Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and cool. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry, turning over until golden and crisp. Add the chorizo and chilli and fry for another 3-4 minutes until chorizo is crisp. Season then stir through the parsley.
Serve the potatoes topped with poached eggs.

Comments

  1. Perfect breakfast/brunch. I think I could actually do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, I am pretty sure you could do most of the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def going to try this in sunny Spain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts