Chicken with a peanut satay sauce

This lovely recipe we had for dinner last night was given to me by my cousin last time we met for lunch. Jill shares my love of good easy food. I wasn't sure of the quantities for the satay sauce, but the amounts I used seemed to work well. I was feeding 5 of us last night but I'm sure we could have eaten the quantities below between four. Chicken breasts would work equally as well.

Ingredients
Serves 4
2 packs of boneless and skinless chicken thighs, flattened out (packs,approx 450g each)
4 big dollops of peanut butter (I used crunchy)
4 dollops of sweet chilli sauce
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
juice of a lime

Method
Mix together the peanut butter, sweet chilli, sauce soy sauce and lime juice. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan, preferably with a lid. Brown the chicken for a few minutes on each side then add the satay sauce. Stir around in the pan to coat the chicken, then leave until the chicken is cooked through (covered with lid if possible). The chicken started to go a lovely golden colour. Taste, and add more of any of the ingredients if you feel it needs more sauce. The chicken thighs are probably more tasty than chicken breasts for this meal.
Serve with udon noodles or rice.



Comments

Popular Posts