The Jennifer Aniston salad


I found this recipe on a reel on instagram. Seemingly Jennifer Aniston ate this salad every day on the set of Friends for 10 years. I admit it's lovely but not enough to consume it every day. I also don't believe that she would eat all that red onion given all the kissing scenes she filmed in Friends. 

I have been making a big bowl of it regularly and eating it for lunch a couple of days in a row. The recipe online has feta in it but as I had left over roast chicken I used that instead. I also used giant cous cous as I didn't have any quinoa, and substituted the pistachios with walnuts. I also added some spinach for extra nutrition. It's great on its own but would be lovely accompaniment to chicken or fish. 

Cook the quinoa or the cous cous following the instructions on the packet. Transfer the quinoa into a large bowl, add a tin of drained chickpeas, diced cucumber, crumbled feta, fresh mint chopped and fresh parsley. Chop up a small red onion, add your nuts of choice, season well with salt and pepper and squeeze over the juice of a lemon. Finally a large glug of olive oil and a good mix together and you're set to go. 

Comments

Popular Posts