Soup with green things

 

If you’re like me and you are cooking broccoli or cabbage and you always save a bit and think I’ll have that tomorrow and pop it back in the fridge this is the soup for you. Usually I don’t end up cooking it and it just gets wasted. So like most of my soup recipes on here this is just a recipe with leftovers in the fridge . Today in my leftovers I had , 2 halves of savoy cabbage , 2 heads of broccoli with a small amount of florets, the stalks of the broccoli and half a bag of fresh spinach. 

So I fried a red onion, sliced up the cabbage . Cut the florets off the broccoli, removed the woody parts from the stalks then chopped the stalks up. The stalks have such flavour. Once the onion was softened I added the florets, stalks and cabbage and about a litre of vegetable stock. I like to use Bouillon. After about 10 minutes of cooking or when the vege is soft add in the spinach to wilt before blending to a nice smooth consistency. Honestly it was really good and a great way to eat your greens. Any green vegetable would work, courgette, leeks , cauliflower to name a few . 


Comments

Popular Posts