Almond , date and sesame breakfast bars


I made these today as every time I opened my food cupboard I had a very sad looking pack of medjool dates left over from Christmas catching my eye. They are described as breakfast bars but are equally as nice as a healthy snack through the day. I have found myself snacking a lot recently so I wanted something that was a bit more nutritious and filling than a chocolate biscuit . They are gluten and refined sugar free . I found this recipe on instagram . 

Makes 10 bars

Ingredients:


12 large, soft medjool dates

1/2 cup smooth almond or peanut butter

1 cup almonds, lightly chopped

1.25 cups of oats

1/3 cup sesame seeds

Pinch sea salt, optional


Preheat the oven to 180C 


Add the dates and peanut/almond butter to a food processor and blend until it forms a sticky ball. It should be a very smooth paste. If it's not smooth add 1-2 tbsp water and blend again.

Add the date mixture to a bowl with the oats, almonds, sesame and salt then mix thoroughly (I used my hazelnuts)

Divide into 10 equal pieces and press down into a Yorkshire pudding or brownie tin (greased and lined) then bake for 10 mins. Allow to cool and enjoy

They will last for 3-4 days 



Comments

Popular Posts