Balsamic Tomato Toast with Burrata


My daughter Rachel has recently moved to London. She is loving discovering new foodie places and seems to eat for England a lot of the time. I'm very jealous of all the lovely meals and cool restaurants she posts on her tik tok account. I must go and visit her soon so I can try some of her recommendations for myself.  I made this the other day when she was home for the weekend. She remarked that it was exactly the kind of food she would order in her favourite restaurants . Yet it was so easy to make. My husband thought I had gone in to the kitchen to make a coffee and I came back with this to share amongst our guests,  it was that quick to make. This was another instagram find from an instagram account called Katerynascafe. 

Drop a large handful of halved cherry tomatoes into a super hot frying pan along with a splash of olive oil. Season with dried oregano, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 3-5 mins until blistered and starting to burst. Add a tbsp of balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 more minute.

Toast a piece of sourdough bread, layer with a generous amount of basil pesto, creamy burrata, the cooked tomatoes , a drizzle of really good olive oil and some fresh basil. Message me if you don't find it delicious. 

Comments

Popular Posts