Trout Paté


Tonight, I could not be bothered to cook. James had made a pizza in cookery at school, which I reheated. With the remaining pizza base, I piled on some ham and pineapple, Rachel's favourite topping. They never complain when it's a pizza night. I had some hot smoked trout in the fridge and added some low fat natural yoghurt, some lemon juice and a good grinding of black pepper. With some toast, celery and Walkers Salt and Vinegar crisps it really hit the spot, with minimal effort. 

Ingredients
125g hot smoked trout
2 tablespoons of low fat naural yoghurt
juice of half a lemon
grinding of black pepper

Method
With a fork mash the trout fillets into small bits, then add the yoghurt. Stir well, then add the lemon juice and black pepper to taste. 




Comments

  1. Mmm I'm always looking for recipes to use trout (I have a freezer full due to an avid loch fisherman neighbour!). This recipe sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lucky, this is a good way to use it up then. It was another suggestion from the hairy dieters book.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut! Today I have cooked your kedgeree! C'est délicieux! But i have no of salmon or trout so I use some mackerel. I it will cook soon again. I think I will try to do your gâteau aux bananes next! Rachel aime manger votre pot au chocolat gooey?! Mais, Rachel, il faut manger au moins cinq fruits et légumes par jour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts