Fast Fish Soup


I gave Rachel the option to choose meals for dinner last week as I can't fathom out what she likes to eat these days. This was one of her choices, which went down well with everyone but James. I didn't pulse the onion and fennel just chopped them roughly, he may have preferred a more pureed version. I'll put the Good Housekeeping cookbook away for a while, but I so love the fact that the recipes are very quick to make. This was only about 15 minutes in preparation and cooking, but was still packed with loads of flavour. 

Ingredients
Serves 4
1 onion, chopped
1 fennel bulb, roughly chopped
1tbsp vegetable oil
400g tin chopped tomatoes
500ml fish stock
1 bay leaf
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
300g smoked haddock or smoked cod, diced (I used smoked haddock)
A large handful chopped fresh parsley

Method
Pulse onion and fennel in a food processor until pea size. Heat oil in a large pan and fry chopped vegetables over a medium heat for 10 mins until soft. Add tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and zest.
Bring to the boil, then add fish and cook for 2-3min or until fish is cooked and opaque. Season. Remove bay leaf, stir in parsley.

Print Recipe





Comments

Popular Posts