Prawn Pad Thai


My meal tonight was a variation on a recipe I found on the Good food site. Thinking that I had Tamarind paste in the cupboard, I assumed that the only ingredient I was lacking was the peanuts. Steve had a clear out of all my spices in the summer and obviously decided anything with a sell by date more than 3 years out of date had to go, hence the missing Tamarind. The meal was quick, easy and really fresh and tasty. Yzen, a good one for you perhaps, no cheese this time.

Ingredients
Serves 2
250g udon noodles (I used dried egg noodles)

2 tsp vegetable oil
100g peeled raw prawns
4 spring onions, chopped

2 eggs, beaten
1 red chilli chopped into small pieces (optional, I added this, it wasn't on the recipe)
2 tbsp roasted peanuts , chopped
small handful coriander leaves
lime wedges, to serve
Sauce;
2 tbsp tamarind paste (I substituted this with 2 tbsp soy sauce)
1 tbsp fish sauce
juice 1 lime
1 tbsp soft brown sugar

Method
Boil the noodles in salted water for 3 mins until soft. Drain and rinse in cold water. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Heat a wok with half the oil. Add the prawns, chilli and spring onions, and cook, stirring quickly, for 1 min or until the prawns turn pink. Push to the side and add the remaining oil. Add the egg and let sit for 30 secs, then scramble until cooked. Add the noodles and sauce, and cook, stirring continuously, for 3 mins or until everything is hot.
Serve the noodles with the peanuts and coriander sprinkled on top, and lime wedges for squeezing over.

Comments

Popular Posts