Tuna Melt Jackets

The simple and delicious jacket potato turned into something a bit fancier. I can't remember the last time I had a jacket potato and I could have just eaten them tonight smothered in butter and nothing else. However I tried this recipe from Olive magazine this month and they went down a treat. I baked mine for an hour in the oven instead of microwaving them as I think there is a huge difference in flavour if they are oven baked. So if you have the time stick them in the oven, with the skins rubbed with olive oil and salt, for 1 hour at 200C, or follow the recipe below.

Ingredients
Serves 2
2 baking potatoes halved
1 x 225g tin tuna of in spring water 
a small bunch of chives, chopped 
4 chopped spring onions
2 tbsp mayonnaise
50g cheddar cheese, grated




Method
Heat the oven to 200C. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork then microwave for  8 - 10 mins or until tender. 
Mix the tuna, onions, chives, mayo and half the cheese. Halve the potatoes then scoop some out into the tuna bowl, leaving a 1cm shell (I kept some of the potato back as there seemed rather a lot) Roughly mix the potato and tuna together, season well, then pile back into the shells. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and put in the oven until bubbling and golden. serve with a green salad.

Comments

Popular Posts