Hot Smoked Salmon Risotto


For anyone who thinks risottos are difficult to make, this one is a great one to try. I did try to make a little video while I was cooking last night to show how easy it is, but I don't know how to link all the clips together so until I can do that I'll just post the picture. These ready cooked sweet chilli salmon fillets are a great thing to have in the fridge. My original intention was just to have them with a bit of salad and some nice bread, but I fancied something a little more substantial and searched for a recipe with hot smoked salmon. This recipe is from Olive Magazine. I added about half a bag of spinach which wilts to nothing but feels like a healthy extra. It was really tasty, perhaps one of the nicest risottos I have made.

I'm definitely eating less meat since both of my kids have gone to University, I'm certainly not missing it. I have been scrolling through Jamies Veg book and have lined up a couple of new recipes to try from there in the coming week. Although I miss them both very much, meal times are a lot easier with only two people to think about. I know that whatever I like my husband will also enjoy and we have loved all the new meals I have tried. I'm still finding that I'm cooking for four so there are usually leftovers for the next days lunch or a little package for my mum. There was nothing leftover from this meal though, way too tasty.


Ingredients
Serves 2
butter
onion 1, finely chopped
risotto rice 150g
white wine small glass, about 125ml
vegetable stock 1 litre heated and simmering
lemon 1, juiced and zested
dill a handful, chopped
hot-smoked salmon fillets 150g, flaked
Method


Method
Melt a knob of butter in a wide shallow pan. Cook the onions until soft, then add the rice and stir to coat. Tip in the wine and bubble until absorbed, then gradually add the stock stirring until the rice is just tender. Add the lemon, stir in the salmon and dill and serve.


Tip, Rarely do I have a glass of white wine leftover, but when I do I freeze a glassful for occasions where you need one glass for a recipe. Otherwise I would open a full bottle and that would be that. I just defrosted it in the microwave ready to use .



Comments

Popular Posts