Roll out Brownie cookies





I came across these cookies whilst browsing through a blog I follow called 'Mondomulia'. Rachel was 14 a few weeks ago, and in a moment of lapse concentration I consented to her having a party with 24 girls at a local gymnastics centre. I think they wanted to feel like little people again. I made a big batch of these cookies to take with me. They were very easy to make, I put all the ingredients together in the food processor, which did the work for me. I want to try them again as my cookies didn't retain the shape of the precooked cookie, unlike the ones in the photos on Mondomulia. I may have had the oven too hot or the cookies too thin. Regardless of the shape they were delicious and disappeared off the plate like hot cakes. The blog is worth a look for the recipes and the photography, it puts mine to shame. 

Ingredients
Makes abut 36 cookies
375g plain flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
225g lightly salted butter, softened
300g sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g unsweetened cocoa

Method
Whisk the sifted flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in a mixer. Gradually add the flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat oven at 175 ºC. Roll out the cookie dough on a floured counter. Cut the cookies out and brush extra deposits of flour off the top (although the flour will disappear once baked). Work quickly as the dough becomes sticky as it warms up.
Bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 11 minutes (depending how thick your cookies are) until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.






Instead of party bags I made the girls a vanilla cupcake from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, iced with Vanilla frosting. There were appreciative sounds all around. 

Comments

Popular Posts