Spicy orange and Harissa glazed cod

 


I’ve been looking through my photos for nice meals I have cooked over the last year or so. These days I use instagram recipes a lot, I’m always saving lovely recipes that pop up on line with the hope of trying them one day. Though this recipe is from a cook book and I bought last year and have used more than any other one lately. It’s called Persiana Everyday by Sabrina Ghayour. I would certainly recommend it as a purchase, every recipe I have made from it has been wonderful. 

I’m pleased I came across this photo as I really couldn’t remember cooking that meal. Now my memory has been jogged I’ll try it again as it was incredibly good . The griddled courgettes which I served with it were topped with Parmesan, chopped shallots, cherry tomatoes and basil with plenty of olive oil and seasoning . The courgettes were scored and fried in butter skin side up until browned . 

Serves 2 

Ingredients

Vegetable oil 

2 chunky skinless cod fillets , about 150g each 

2 tablespoons clear honey

1 tablespoon rose Harissa

Finely grated zest of 1 small orange and juice of half an orange 

Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper


Method 

Heat a frying pan over a high heat and once hot, drizzle in a little vegetable oil. Season the cod fillets with pepper and place in the pan and let them cook for 2-3 mins on each side without moving them around the pan. Then season on both sides with salt .

Mix the honey, harissa, orange zest and juice together in a small bowl until well combined , then pour over the cod. The mixture should bubble ferociously in the pan and become thick and sticky. Using a spoon, baste the fish with the mixture and as it thickens , it will cost the fish to glaze it evenly. Serve immediately. 

Comments

Popular Posts