Spiced Cauliflower and Mushroom Biryani


I'm really enjoying spiced cauliflower at the moment. Its a great accompaniment to a curry if you don't want to cook rice and the other night I made it alongside a mushroom biryani. The spiced cauliflower is a Tesco recipe but the biryani dish I hazarded a guess at how to make it.  I just fried onion, garlic and ginger until nicely cooked, then added cumin, coriander, turmeric (1tsp of each) and chilli flakes, and lots of seasoning. I added the mushrooms to the onion mixture , then just added a pack of ready cooked basmati rice after heating it in the microwave and stirred well to coat the rice with all the spices. I added some spinach leaves which wilted into the rice dish. I sprinkled on some flaked almonds just before serving. It was delicious.  I think this might have been the night I made Jamie Olivers flatbreads, which were a revelation. Who would have thought flour, yoghurt and oil could make such delicious and easy flatbreads? I'll post the picture and recipe of those in the next few days. The spiced cauliflower is a Tesco recipe.

Spiced Cauiflower
Ingredients
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp crushed chillies
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
½ lemon, cut into wedges
1 tbsp coriander leaves


Method
Preheat the oven  200°C. In a bowl, mix the spices, oil and 1⁄2 tsp salt. Add the cauliflower, stirring to coat. Put on a baking tray and roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through, until the edges start to caramelise.
Spoon the cauliflower into a serving dish. To serve, squeeze over the lemon wedges and scatter with the herbs.

Comments

  1. I love the idea of spiced cauliflower and mushroom biryani! It sounds like a delicious and healthy meal. I'm definitely going to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing the link to the recipe here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts