Curried Parsnip, Apple and lentil soup


Well I’m not sure any of us will be eating to excess this Christmas time as the scaled down Christmas won’t give us opportunities to entertain and feast. For me this year it will just be a small affair on Christmas Day , but hopefully a happy one with family and good food.  Yesterday I heard the shops were empty of fruit and vegetables , I am  slightly worried as my online order arrives today and Christmas dinner may not be the same without parsnips and sprouts . But hey ho even if they don’t arrive I can make do with the vegetables I already have. It’s only one day, it’s only another meal. Who you are eating the meal with is more important. 

So if you are lucky enough find yourself with lots of left over parsnips here’s a nice recipe for you from BBC Goodfood. 


There’s lots to love about homemade soup. I love that is so easy to make . That it’s so healthy and extremely filling . That is uses up all those odds and ends you have in the fridge. I love the fact that there are hundreds of recipes out there so you can always try something new . My friend introduced  me to this combination and it really works . 


Curried Parsnip, lentil and apple soup





 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts