Wild Garlic Pesto






I'm lucky enough to have some lovely walks from the door of our house. Within 10 minutes I can walk down to the river and into the woods. This really is a blessing in this lockdown period. Of course I'm not going as often as I should, but when I do, I feel quite uplifted.  A couple of weeks ago the woods were full of wild garlic, so hearing from a friend they had made wild garlic pesto, I thought I would pick some and give it a try. I found a recipe on the goodfood website and used that one, but there will be so many available on the internet. I had pine nuts, but they can be substituted with cashews, almonds or walnuts. I intended using the pesto raw with some pasta, but then worried that I may not have washed it sufficiently, so thought cooking it would be a better option. It really was delicious, a very strong garlic flavour which I would imagine is good for your immune system, and we all want that at the moment. The next day when I had some leftover, I added it to the cheese sauce when making macaroni cheese. I may be a bit late in posting this as the garlic might be past it's best, but if you're lucky enough to be able to walk in the woods and can pick some, give it a go. 

Stay safe and well everyone. 









Comments

Popular Posts