Slimming world chicken curry


I'm cutting down again, so whilst looking for lower calories meals, I came across this chicken curry on the Slimming world website. I'm not about to go posting all the recipes I try off the website, as they are available to see if you so desire. This was particularly tasty tonight though, so I thought I would share it for those who are looking for a healthier curry. I added a little fresh spinach to the meal at the end of cooking.

Ingredients
2 large onions, sliced
600ml chicken stock
2 tsp turmeric
3 cardamom pods
1 x 2.5cm piece cinnamon stick (I didn't have this)
4 black peppercorns
4 cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
275ml fat free natural yogurt, brought to room temperature (I didn't use this)
Salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

Method
Put the onion and 425ml of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.
Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.
Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice, and garnish with fresh coriander.

Comments

Popular Posts