Asian inspired pork fillet


My usual dish to make with pork fillet is saltimbocca. Last night that didn't really appeal, so I looked for other ways to cook the meat. I was tempted by all the Asian recipes, but slightly limited with the ingredients I had. Then I found a simple marinade with just four ingredients and gave it a try. Obviously the longer you marinade the meat for, the better, but I only left it for an hour or so. The meat was beautifully tender with a delicious Asian inspired flavour. 

Ingredients
Serves 4
500-600g piece of pork fillet

for the marinade;
½ cup of honey
2 cloves or garlic, crushed
4 tbsp of teriyaki sauce or soy sauce
juice of a lemon

Method
Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and lay in the pork fillet, (I cut mine in half). Refrigerate for up to 3 hours, turning occasionally. When you are ready to cook, heat the oven to 200ºC. Heat some oil in a pan and brown the sides of the fillet. Put in a roasting dish and roast for 20 minutes until the juices run clear. Leave to rest covered in foil for about 10 minutes. Heat the marinade in a pan with the juices that have come from the resting meat. Slice the meat into thin slices, serve with rice, steamed green vegetables and the sauce drizzled over. 

Comments

Popular Posts