Tavuk izgara (chargrilled chicken with yoghurt and spices)

This dish from turkey appealed to me in Olive magazine this month. Relatively simple to do and wonderful flavours. I served it with some toasted pitta bread and some natural yogurt. The kids put mayonnaise on theirs. I was not happy with that. The only thing to say is that when I was frying the chicken I had to keep pouring off the juices, so try to really shake off the marinade before frying. I started it in a frying pan, then finished with the griddle to get the chargrilled flavours.


Ingredients
Serves 2
6 skinless chicken thighs
1 lemon, half juiced and half cut into wedges
1 clove garlic crushed
ginger finely grated to make 1tbsp
cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
1 tsp dried mint (I used some fresh mint leaves)
flat leaf parsley, 1 bunch leaves picked (I didn't have any)
black olives ,2 handfuls

Method
Toss the chicken thighs with the lemon juice and season well. Mix the yoghurt, garlic, ginger,cumin and mint. Add the thighs and coat them leave them to marinade for an hour.
Hat a BBQ or griddle pan until hot. Shake off the excess marinade from the chicken then cook for 3 -4 mins each side or until cooked through. Serve on a platter, scattered with parsley, the olives and lemon wedges.

Comments

Popular Posts