Kidney bean burger with lime and coriander



On Saturday night my husband and son decided to get a take out burger from a burger restaurant near to us. Now I would go out for a burger once in a blue moon, but it isn’t on my radar to order one from a restaurant, have to go and pick it up and pay an awful lot of money for the privilege. So I opted out and while deciding what I should have as a healthier option remembered the Kidney Bean Burgers I have made it the past from a recipe from Jack Monroe. 



I fried a red onion and added quite a lot of fresh coriander and a red chilli. I had some breadcrumbs in the freezer which I added to the pan once the onion was cooked. I seasoned the onion mixture well, then mashed up the drained kidney beans and added them to the onion mixture with the juice of a lime and a beaten egg. The mixture was enough for two large burgers, and I saved one to cook the following day. I heated some olive oil in the pan and fried the bean burger on both sides until browned and crispy and heated through. I had sliced a red onion and put it in a jar with red wine vinegar covering it,  a recipe from Nigella, which she says is a great accompaniment for so many things. So my burger was delicious with some spinach, chopped tomatoes, a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some pickled red onion, served in a brioche bun. And it was made even before my son had reached the takeaway. 

Comments

Popular Posts