Mint chocolate mousse



I’m not about  to start posting a load of slimming recipes on here as that’s not what my blog is about. But I couldn’t resist posting this one. I have missed desserts and chocolate over the last couple of months so I was pleased to find this recipe which in slimming world terms was fairly guilt free. It’s not the richest of desserts obviously being made with yogurt instead of cream, both my daughter and husband said they could tell it was low fat, but I thought it was very treaty. Think peppermint aero. So on Sunday I made indulgent gooey chocolate pots for the non slimmers and I happily tucked into one of these .  I doubled the recipe and it made six of these little ramekins. 

Serves 4
2 Egg Whites
4tbsp Sweetener
2tbsp Fat Free Yogurt
5x Drops of Peppermint Essence
50g Dark Chocolate



Method 
In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the Sweetener and continue to whisk until it is shiny and smooth. Set aside. Break the chocolate into a heatproof glass bowl, and set it over a pan of boiling water (making sure it doesn't touch) until the chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly. Add the yogurt to the chocolate and mix until smooth. Pour the chocolate into the egg whites, along with the mint, and gently fold it together trying not to knock too much air out of the eggs. When it is all incorporated and smooth, spoon the mixture into four teacups or bowls. Cover each with cling film and pop in the fridge for at least two hours. Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts