Indian Koftas with flatbreads and Mint Yoghurt



It’s looking like a beautiful bank holiday weekend, so hopefully there will be some opportunities to enjoy outdoor eating. I thought summer was over, so it’s extra special and after all the rain we have had recently it’s a welcome change. I made this meal a  week or so ago for my nephew and niece who gave it a massive thumbs up, so I thought I’d make it again this evening for my family. The recipe is from the good food website, it requires little effort on the cooking side and I just loved all the flavours in the koftas , complimented by the mint and yoghurt, although I did use fresh mint in mine.

Ingredients
Serves 4
500g lamb mince
3 tbsp tikka curry paste
2 tbsp mango chutney
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
225g Greek-style yogurt
1 ½ tbsp mint sauce
8 flatbreads
4 tomatoes, sliced
2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded


Method
In a large bowl, mix the lamb mince with the curry paste, mango chutney, garlic and ginger. Season a little and roll into 20 oval balls. Heat a large, Frying pan – you shouldn’t need any oil, as lamb mince is quite fatty. Cook the koftas in batches for 2-3 mins – be careful as they are quite fragile.

Heat oven to 200C. Transfer the koftas to a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 mins, adding the flatbreads for the final 5 mins. Mix the yogurt with the mint sauce. Serve the koftas wrapped in a flatbread with some minty yogurt, tomato and lettuce.

Comments

Popular Posts