Halloumi, chick pea and spinach curry


It’s been a while since I have been on here . There is no particular reason for my absence, I’m still cooking but I guess I haven’t been trying many new recipes recently. With two teenagers who are always off galavanting and not eating with us, I perhaps haven’t been as adventurous with my cooking of late. Sadly my son seems to spend an awful lot of time at fast food joints. All these years of preparing lovely food hasn’t rubbed off on my kids and inspired them at all in the cooking department. Never mind there is hopefully still time . 
Last night I cooked this curry with the ingredients I had in, in the absence of paneer cheese I used halloumi and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference. I didn’t really measure the spices so this is just a guide really and spices could be altered, added or left out and I think it would still be good. The kitchen still smells like a curry house , but that’s not a bad thing. 

Ingredients 
Serves 2 
Olive oil 
1 diced onion 
1 clove of Garlic chopped 
Half tsp cumin
Half tsp turmeric
Half tsp chilli powder 
1 tbsp of medium curry powder 
Half tsp ground ginger 
Halloumi cheese
I Tin of chick peas
1 Tin of chopped Tomatoes 
1 pack of spinach 
Juice of a lemon
Seasoning 
Coriander Optional 

Method 
 Heat the oil in a casserole dish. Fry the chopped onion until golden and add the chopped garlic. Add all the spices and cook for a couple of minutes to coat the garlic and the onions. Fry the cubes of Halloumi cheese cheese until starting to brown then add the chickpeas, tomatoes,  juice of the lemon and continue to cook through for about 10 minutes. When the curry is ready add the spinach until it wilts into the Sauce. Either serve straight away or cool and reheat when needed. 

Comments

Popular Posts