Fresh tagliatelle with lemon, cream and Parmesan





I had planned a Jamie Oliver meal with pancetta and asparagus but had forgotten to add the pancetta to my shop. The asparagus I over cooked until it was barely edible so this meal was a simpler version of the original. My son James thought it was bland but my husband and I really enjoyed it. I just added cream to the pasta once it was cooked, the rind of a lemon and plenty of parmesan and seasoning. For the crunchy topping I fried some breadcrumbs and added a sprinkling of chilli flakes for a bit of a kick. I do think that the fresh pasta in this case made a difference as the flavours of the sauce were subtle. This is one of those meals that you probably have all the ingredients in the fridge for and can save you reaching for the takeaway menu . 



Comments

Popular Posts