Pimp up the Cranberry Sauce





I’ve only ever once made cranberry sauce from scratch and found it to be unnecessary when you can buy such nice jars of ready made sauce. However watching Jamie Oliver while busy in the kitchen yesterday I thought this was a great idea to jazz up the bought stuff. Of course it’s another job in very busy time. But this morning I was up early, I can’t seem to sleep in, so I thought I might as well get up and get busy, instead of lying there thinking about what I have to do. 

Method 

Chop a couple of apples into small chunks , fry gently in a good amount of butter and if you have a cinnamon stick put that in the pan for extra flavour. When the apple is soft but not mushy add a jar of cranberry sauce. I had a lovely one left over and open from last year , so I used that up and a new cheaper jar. Once combined with the buttery apple and warmed through the flavour is beautiful. Once combined pour into 
your serving jar and refrigerate for the big meal ahead. 

Comments

Popular Posts