Taking a break, literally


It hasn't been the best start to 2018. My husband Steve fell on the ice outside our house at the beginning of last week and has broken his hip, which has resulted in an operation to repair the fracture and a long healing and recovery process. He isn't in great health anyway due to a rare muscle condition so things are a bit more complicated than your average person. What a fright, I saw him fall and hit his head, lots of blood and groaning, it was awful. The NHS have been amazing, I have nothing but admiration for all the hardworking nurses and doctors, the care was incredible in both hospitals in all wards. Steve was even tucking into the hospital food with delight, so funny. 

So he's home now, with a house full of adaptations to see us through this tricky time, and I'm now the nurse, I've been very patient so far but it's only day two.

My blogging will have to be put on the back burner, not that I've been very productive at all recently. Keep looking and using the recipes, there's more than enough on here to keep you going.

My focus is to get Steve back to his previous health, with lots of good food, plenty of fruit and vegetables, vitamins and fluids to speed recovery. Something like this gives you a real shake and a realisation that you have to live life to the full as you just don't know what is round the corner, thankfully. 

I don't want to see the A and E department of a hospital for a very long time, those doctors and nurses deserve medals, and I won't be letting Steve ever go out again in snow or ice. Let's hope the warmer weather is on its way, the sun is shining in my room now so that's a good sign. 

The photo is of our Christmas lunch, pheasant with cream and calvados, minus some of the trimmings. If I had to choose my last suppper I think this might be it. It will certainly be the one I'm looking forward to cooking and enjoying with Steve when he's back to good health later in the year. 




Comments

Popular Posts