Pizza Fiorentina


I apologise if you are still following Good food and red shoes and thinking when the heck is this woman going to add a new recipe. I kind of lost my mojo in the summer with the blog. That's not to say I haven't been cooking, it's still a big part of my life, but I haven't been trying many new recipes. 
I turned 50 this July, so I catered quite a lot for friends and family over the summer using some of my favourite recipes. On one occasion I catered for 23 family members, and it seemed relatively stress free. I'll share my recipes and photos soon.  My son did pass all of his GCSE's with good grades despite driving us mad with very little work. So both kids are in sixth form now. My daughter is approaching 18 and my husband 50 so I'm sensing a lot of entertaining and cooking in the next month or so. 


I loved this pizza the other night, it's from a book called Quick Cook, one pot. I really like using tortilla, I like the lightness of the pizza base, it feels healthier, I don't know if it is. The egg was a nice touch, I think I might of liked it as much without,  but it made it more interesting. 

Ingredients
Serves 4 
125 g of baby spinach leaves
4 large tortillas (I use 8 as put 2 together)
Tomato purée
125 g of mozzarella cheese sliced

4  eggs
25 g of Parmesan cheese (I used cheddar too)

Method
Place the spinach in a sieve  and pour over boiling water from the kettle until wilted, then squeeze thoroughly to remove excess water.
Arrange the tortillas on 4 pizza bases.  Spoon on the tomato purée then scatter over the spinach. Arrange the mozzarella on top, then crack and egg in the centre of each tortilla.
Sprinkle the Parmesan over the pizzas and place in a preheated oven 220° C for 5 to 7 minutes until the egg whites are just set. 

Comments

Popular Posts