Happy New Year

Christmas was as usual filled with wonderful food and spent with family and good friends. I didn't eat too much, but what I did eat was quite indulgent as you can see from the pictures below. Probably my favourite meal was the Pre-Christmas meal that my husband and I  cooked together,  when the kids were out for the night. I could just eat it now, my mouth is watering looking at the photo of the pheasant in cream and calvados sauce. Christmas Day dinner was a very delicious turkey cooked by my mum and brought along on Christmas morning, we added all the traditional accompaniments to it and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. New Year's Eve dinner was pulled pork, roasted slowly for hours in an aromatic rub, with potato wedges and homemade coleslaw, followed by lemon cheesecake and salted caramel pavlova. So now the thought of some homemade soup for tea seems quite dull and boring, but in typical New Year fashion, it's time to cut back a little, so it will have to do this evening.


Happy New Year to everyone who reads my blog, I'm sometimes amazed that people still do and I really appreciate all of you.












Comments

Popular Posts