Soy caramel chicken with greens and noodles


I feel like I have been a bit lax of late. I am still doing a lot of cooking but I've been doing recipes that I have previously posted. Tonight's recipe was a new one from Olive Magazine. Extremely tasty, sweet and salty flavours, the only problem was I didn't make enough and I was craving for more. 

Ingredients
Serves 2
oil
4 halved skinless chicken thigh fillets
1 clove garlic crushed
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp dark muscavado sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 handfuls of washed and shredded greens
fresh noodles to serve

Method
Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken pieces for 5-6 minutes until they are nicely browned. Scoop out and add the garlic for 30 seconds, then add the soy and chicken and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Add the sugar and fish sauce and keep cooking until the sauce is thick and glossy.
Stir fry the greens in a separate Pan. Add the noodles and heat through. Spoon over the chicken.

Note: I added the stir fried greens and noodles to the chicken in the wok so everything had a good coating of the delicious sauce. I squeezed some lime juice just before serving.

Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Emily made this tonight and added ginger to it, will definitely have this again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, and you can now comment. Emily seems to love the stir fry recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts